Thursday, October 7, 2010

American Beauty-almost


Finally, a drink I like! This one is named for it's color, which is a rosy pink when all is said and done. It's very sweet, I think in the future I'll make it with less grenadine. The one thing that makes this not quite so awesome is that in our book, the port isn't listed with the otheringredients, so when I did my liquor store trip last week, I didn't buy any.

So this is American Beauty, minus the port, which we'll have to get some of later, since I
definitely plan to have this drink again. At first I was a bit weirded out by the fact that this drink includes mint and orange juice, but the mint is such a tiny amount that the orange and mint blend and compliment each to give it a bit of tang, without being sour. No pucker lips here.

1/2 oz. brandy
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
1/4 tsp. white creme de menthe (flavor wise, green might work, but it would ruin the coloring)
1/2 oz. grenadine
1/2 oz fresh orange juice
dash of port (excluded this time)

Shake ingredients well with ice, strain into chilled glass. Finish with port.
I did some online browsing, and this drink can be garnished with a rose petal. I can't decide if I like that, or not, but in the mean time I do like this drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment