Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What if...

A couple of my bridesmaids and I went to David's bridal last Friday to try on wedding and bridesmaid dresses. I should mention however, that I don't plan on purchasing from DB if I can help it, and I already have my dress picked out, and I know where I am buying it from. But when else, besides during her engagement, does a woman get to try on huge expensive poufy dresses? I've always been a fan of dress up, (along with my cousin and Maid of Honor) so that's what this trip was to us, a giant white dress up session!


And I must say, going into it with that attitude, I was actually quite surprised with how good of service I received, how much freedom I was allowed, and how many dresses were actually something I'd consider, at least if I was having a different style of wedding. Two in particular would be very me if I were having an indoor formal wedding. I've heard about a lot of weddings in museums, so I wasn't bent set of an outdoor wedding, perhaps I'd get married at the UO's Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art.















And I would wear this dress.




Or maybe I am feeling traditional and want to be married in a church, how about the First Christian Chruch in Eugene? Then I would wear this dress.














































However, I'm not having either of those types of weddings, I am planning to get married at the Long Tom Grange (though I still have to book it).


We will be barefoot, and it will be beautiful and natural! I will wear this dress only in white or ivory, from Heart and Hands and it will be perfectly us.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, those DB bridesmaids' dresses are really cute! When my matron of honor got married in 2005 she got her dress there, but the bridesmaids' dresses were pretty frumptastic (her seamstress mom ended up custom-making our dresses). They've come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I do like their selections a lot more then I used to. I was a bridesmaid in 2005 and there were very few options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny Ruthie! I love your different scenerios!The place you've picked looks like it will be gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in real life!

    My friend that just got married last June had the "church" dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Grace
    Thanks! I do love that dress, it made me feel very beautiful and bride-like!

    ReplyDelete