Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jewelry

As of yet I haven't thought to much about jewelry for the wedding. My friend Hillary, who works at a bead shop has offered to make jewelry for me at cost, and I hadn't thought more about it except that I think I want pearls.

I love my engagement ring.

Simple and a bit unusual. The stone is nearly flush in the setting.
We planned on getting bands, but I hadn't really thought about it until I came across this site. www.greenkarat.com

They provide ecologically and socially responsible jewelry using recycled metals, they are a Fair Trade company, are opposed to diamond mining and in general focus on business that is good for the whole world. So in addition to being an awesome company, they have these lovely, simple band, for only $200 (compared to the $800 bands we looked at when I got my engagement ring).

Definitely a good decision, economically and socially!

2 comments: